Monday, November 22, 2010

The Stranger-part 1

       In the passage when Marie, Meursault’s girl friend. Her proposal married to Meursault. But Meursault felt nothing. Albert Camus suggests that in some people’ eyes, marriage could be serious thing or may not be able to be. But marriage base on love. At least have love between two people. Then marriage could be ever. Camus show this by described how Meursault’s feel and shows he was a person that no emotional, such as a marriage and a parent’s death. Those all did not matter to him, he wasn’t feel grief and happy.
    From the beginning of the passage, “That evening Marie came by to see me and asked me if I wanted to marry her, I said it didn’t make and difference to me and that we could if she want to.”(41) When Marie asked for married, Meursault didn’t felt and surprised and happy. “ I probably didn’t love her”(41) Meursault though he wasn’t love Marie, but she still can marry to her, if she want. He seem like don’t care about how his life going. As we know marriage should base have love between two people. Meursault was the person who have no emotional, even his mother’ death or the girl asked for marry. He still felt nothing.
    “Then she pointed out that marriage was serious thing. I said “No”(42) Marie point out the marriage was serious thing, but Meursault didn’t thinks so. Women also think marriage should be romantic and forever. Marriage is the relationship between two people or two families. Marriage is the promise to each other, to take care of each other. Nut the next sentence “After another moment’ s silence, she mumble that I was peculiar, that was probably why she loved me, nut that one day I may hate her for the same reason.”(42) Marie through there was the reason that why she loved him. To me, I think love is the feeling. If man that I love him, and he dose not love me, and I will never marriage to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment